(Seguin) -- Students at Patlan Elementary School on Tuesday got an unexpected field trip to Goldie Harris Gym over at Seguin High School. The students were shuttled over to the gym after a small fire was discovered around 11 in the morning in one of the boys' restrooms.
Not many details have been offered about the incident, but Seguin ISD officials say the students were taken to Harris Gym, fed lunch, and then safely returned to the elementary campus located off North Austin Street. The students were returned just after 1 p.m.
The Seguin Fire/EMS Department responded to the fire, which was discovered in a trash can in one of the restrooms. The incident remains under investigation.