Holiday band concerts continue in Seguin and Navarro ISD
Posted on 12/13/2017 7:14:00 AM.
(Seguin) -- Things will be sounding more like Christmas this week thanks to local school bands in both the Seguin and Navarro ISD. Seguin Band Director Stan Mauldin says his students will continue their holiday concert schedule on Thursday.
 
"On Thursday, we have our holiday concert. It starts at 7 o'clock in the performing arts center at the high school," said Mauldin.
 
Navarro Band Director Patrick Todd says things will also be busy for his students as they too prepare for their holiday concerts.
 
"On Thursday, we are having an event kind of like this. It's going to be all the fine arts from Navarro -- the art department, the dance, the band -- we are doing a holiday toy drive as well as a food drive. We're going to be donating that stuff to local charities. After the bands play, we're going to do a community sing-a-long for Christmas carols. We're going to be playing a lot of Christmas carols and we will invite everyone down onto the field. That's from 6 to 9 p.m. on Thursday if people want to come out to see that," said Todd.
 
Junior band students for both districts hosted their own holiday concerts earlier this week.
 
All concerts this Thursday are free and open to the public.
 
Both bands kicked off their week of performances at Monday's annual KWED Holiday Food and Toy Drive. Students, this year, also performed a few songs together. Seguin Radio KWED thanks the students for donating their time each year.
 
Seguin ISD, Navarro ISD


Find more about Weather in Seguin, TX
Click for weather forecast


CBS NEWS
  • Latest headlines
    CBSN is CBS News' 24/7 digital streaming news service. It's always on, always free, making CBS News' original, high-quality reporting available to you wherever and whenever you want to watch.
  • FBI foils man's alleged plan to attack White House
    A man who planned to attack the White House with explosives and an anti-tank rocket is under arrest, federal prosecutors said. Hasher Jallal Taheb is charged with attempting to damage or destroy a building owned by the U.S. using fire or an explosive. Jeff Pegues reports.
  • Eye Opener: ISIS claims responsibility for Americans killed in Syria
    A suicide bombing that killed four Americans in Syria raises new questions about the Trump administration's plan to withdraw U.S...
  • Kids impacted by government shutdown get creative
    Sources tell CBS News there is increased talk in the White House about ending the partial government shutdown, but not without border wall funding. As the shutdown enters day 27, it continues to take a toll on federal employees and their families. With hundreds of thousands of parents out of work or working without pay, children are now pitching in to help. Jan Crawford reports.
  • CBSN New York
    CBSN Local New York
  • How will Brexit impact the U.S.?
    British Prime Minister Theresa May survived another no-confidence vote Wednesday by 19 votes, after lawmakers rejected her Brexit deal. But as the deadline approaches, Americans are beginning to realize the potential repercussions of Britain leaving the European Union. Patrick Temple-West, Politico's financial services reporter, joins CBSN's Omar Villafranca to explain.
  • YouTube bans dangerous prank videos
    YouTube is banning certain content following a blindfold challenge inspired by hit Netflix movie "Bird Box." The Google-owned company previously had a policy barring harmful or dangerous content, but updated its policies to explicitly prohibit videos that encourage people to engage in risky challenges or pranks. CBS News' Meg Oliver reports.
  • American killed in Nairobi attack
    A terror attack in Nairobi has claimed the lives of at least 21 people, including an American. Family remembered Jason Spindler as a 9/11 survivor who left his Wall Street career to join the Peace Corps and then help small businesses in developing countries. Debora Patta reports.
  • D.C. food kitchen helps furloughed gov't workers
    On day 26 of the partial government shutdown, a new food kitchen run by celebrity chef José Andrés opened its doors to feed furloughed workers, uncertain when they'll receive their next paycheck. CBS News' Natalie Brand reports.
  • Kirsten Gillibrand: The "60 Minutes" interview
    As the New York Senator announces her bid for president, take a look back at her February 2018 interview with Sharyn Alfonsi.
Provided by CBS News


While using VBScript LoadPicture() function, Error calculating dimensions for: E:\www\3592\www\onlinedb\kwedam\pics\CIG logistics.pngInvalid picture


Copyright © 2014 Guadalupe Media, LTD. All Rights Reserved



This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive