(Seguin) -- ArtsFest is Seguin's annual celebration of the arts and is an opportunity for the community to showcase local artists and show support for future public art projects in Seguin. ArtsFest 2017 will be on Saturday, March 4 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
ArtsFest 2017 will be a day filled with a variety of activities promoting both the visual and performing arts. All proceeds from the day benefit public art by the Seguin Commission on the Arts and the restoration of the Seguin Art League's Center for the Arts in downtown Seguin.
Here is the schedule of events for the celebration:
- 9 a.m. Run to Create: Hit the Pecan Bottom Trail in Starcke Park for the family fun run that includes a kids 1k and a 5k where the runners/walkers become a work of art with a foam station, color station, jello slip and slide, and more! Register for the run through www.athleteguild.com
- 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. ArtsFest Market: Vendors selling handmade products and art related items will be set up in Central Park. Several organizations will be hosting fun kids' activities including coloring the sidewalks. Several area music and performing organizations have signed up to perform, including the Seguin High School Theater, TLU's Community Music Academy, Teatro de Artes' Ballet Folkloric de la Rosa and Mid-Texas Symphony's Dr. John Hager playing the fiddle while riding a unicycle. There is still time to sign up to be a vendor at ArtsFest Market; find the application on Main Street's portion of www.seguintexas.gov
- 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. The Art of Brewing: Take a tour of Seguin Brewing and learn how beer is made. There is definitely an art to making delicious beer. There will be two tours, at 12 p.m. and 1 p.m.
- 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Poochanga: Show off your dog and your artistic abilities by designing a costume for your dog that will catch the eye of the judges! Register your dog at Thunderpaws Canine Solutions between now and the event. The competition will be held in Central Park's bandstand.
- 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Poetry Readings: Local performers will share their favorite piece of poetry inside the City of Seguin's brand new library.
- 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Kids Art Show Reception: View works of art by local students at the Guadalupe County Heritage Museum.
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. CelebARTe: The day wraps up at the Texas Theater for an evening of fun, socializing, and art. Enjoy live music by members of the Mid-Texas Symphony, jazz music from Seguin High School band directors, delicious appetizers catered by Tavern on the Creek, craft beer from Seguin Brewing and BS Brewing, local wine from Blue Lotus Winery (other beers and wines available), art for sale from local artists and a silent auction. The 2016 Outstanding Contributor to the Arts will be announced as well. Tickets in advance are $25.00 and can be purchased at Court Street Coffee Shop, Gift & Gourmet, the Seguin CVB Office and the Seguin Main Street Program Office. Tickets at the door are $30.00.
Information and updates on ArtsFest 2017 are available at www.visitseguin.com
. Special By Kyle Kramm, Seguin Main Street program director