Dog dies in house fire; Seguin Fire/EMS called out to early morning house fire
Posted on 3/7/2017 8:48:00 AM.

(Seguin) -- A family pet was the victim of a house fire early Monday morning. Seguin Fire Chief Dale Skinner says the fire was reported just after 1 a.m. in the 100 block of Tanglewood located off FM 725 just south of Max Starcke Park.
 
"We had a report of a garage fire. Crews arrived to find a heavy fire involved in the garage area of the home. We were able to make entry into the garage and extinguish the fire. Occupants were home at the time of the fire. He was working in the garage and the fire was an accidental cause, but everybody made it out. There were no injuries reported. There was a pet that died as a result of smoke inhalation we believe," said Skinner.        
 
Skinner says work on a motorcycle is being blamed for sparking the initial blaze.
 
"He was doing some work on a motorcycle in the garage and it involved a cutting torch and ignited either some fuel or some other source. He immediately began to try to extinguish the fire himself while his wife called 9-1-1," said Skinner.
 
Skinner says luckily, fire crews were able to contain the fire and keep it from damaging the rest of the home.
 
"The damage to the house itself was hidden fire damage in the garage area and smoke and heat damage throughout the remainder of the house. The fire did extend up into the attic, but we were able to get in quickly and extinguish the fire and saved the living quarters of the home from fire damage," said Skinner.
 
Skinner says no other assistance or mutual aid was required for this one-alarm fire.




Copyright 2014 Guadalupe Media, LTD. All Rights Reserved



This site powered by PromoSuite Interactive