(Seguin) -- The Seguin Matador Band will be putting its plan B in place now that all flights back home have been cancelled due to a major snowstorm in New York City.
Band Director Stan Mauldin says the students were expected to travel back today but are being forced to stay at least one more day. The decision was made Monday after a forecast of approximately 14 to 18 inches of snow. Mauldin says due to the anticipation of flights being cancelled, the band went ahead and confirmed hotel accommodations in Newark.
He says the plan at this time is to keep all students together to ride out the storm. He says the priority will continue to be the safety of students and chaperones. Mauldin says the band also has plenty of food and money to take care of the group. In fact, he says band officials had been preparing for any changes to its itinerary for the past three days.
Up until late Monday and early today, Mauldin says the weather had been great and has allowed the band to enjoy its days in New York. No problems were anticipated that would have prevented the band from performing Monday at Carnegie Hall. Mauldin says the performance at the prestigious concert hall will no doubt be an experience of a lifetime for the students.
Again, Mauldin confirms that students are all okay and says many of them were even anticipating the experience of being in the snowstorm while staying inside -- safe and warm.
The band will continue to keep Seguin Radio KWED updated with any additional changes to its schedule.